Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dear, Sugar


Well hello you sexy thing, you. I have been think about you constantly. You pop into my head countless times throughout my day. Life without you is so bland.

You are like a siren calling from the rocks. So beautiful, so sweet, you promise such pleasure. The first touch is exquisite yet, you set off a longing for more that is nearly impossible to ignore. After I have had my fill of you, I feel disgusted and regretful. Your beauty melts away, leaving me drained and disfigured.

You are not to blame. Another may enslave and enjoy you in sane communion. But, I must surrender to the fact that it is me that is a slave to your charms. I am weak in your dazzling presence. When you melt in my mouth but not in my hands, you slay me. When you get your peanut butter in my chocolate I swoon. Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don’t but you always bring me to my knees.

Powdered, granulated or cubed you are my master, I am your toy. When I am weak I go to the vending machine where love is for sale. I leave feeling so ashamed, hoping no one saw me lurking, lusting and finally snatching you for a cheap thrill, a tawdry high.

Today I will resist your calls. I will settle for a cheap imitation. One that does not cause my blood to course faster through my veins yet does me no harm. Get behind me Sugar. Hello Stevia, wanna play?

Hold that thought,
James

2 comments:

  1. Faith, hope, and love -
    the greatest of these is love:
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love.
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe.
    God believes in you.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, hope, and love -
    the greatest of these is love:
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love.
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe.
    God believes in you.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete